Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lesson of Sincere Sales Pitch


Authored By: Ajit Panicker


Lesson of Sincere Sales Pitch:
Yesterday, in a coffee shop waiting for my client to arrive, i met a real estate executive. He must be around 25 years old. seeing me wait for my client and scribbling some notes in my diary, he called up an invitation to sit with him and chat. During our talks i realized that this 25 year old has a path to follow to reach his destination. Focused sincerely on his wo
rk was carrying two mobiles, a usual phenomenon in metros, to show that you are a busy guy. I asked him why does he need two mobiles, his answer was "sir, i make appointments by calling people, and the day the charge of both my mobiles do not finish during the day, i consider the day , that my work is unfinished.
Impressive", i thought. While talking he understood that i am a financial planner, but he did not make any effort to make link up with me for future business prospecting. it was a soft call on me while i was leaving the table, when he said "why don't you book an apartment, for yourself, when you are doing for others".
I said, we have planned and would soon take up a flat. He was just not pushy and kept a decent sales pitch throughout the conversation, showing interests and knowledge on varied topics.
What i want to share with my fellow financial planners, advisors, working in banks or self employed, to make sincere efforts to reach to your customer.

"Plan your day and the day will unfold according to you" 


As you design your presentation, develop both a strong opening and a powerful closing. After your opening, preview your main points and then provide enough specific information to support your message. 

The following S-S-S formula helps your listeners retain important information and prompts them to act: 

State State your main points clearly and concisely. 
Support Provide enough supporting information to address your listeners' needs adequately. 
Summarize Summarize each main point of your message.

No comments:

Post a Comment